Learn about the current experience at Hotel Contessa including our detailed health and safety measures.
Welcome Back to the Riverwalk
We can't wait to reconnect socially while keeping our distance physically to ensure your trip to San Antonio is a safe one. As we welcome you back to the the Riverwalk, here's what we're doing to promote a safe and stress-free Contessa experience.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
Book 2020 travel and enjoy peace of mind with free cancellation up to 4 pm on the day of arrival.
Health & Safety Plan
In compliance with Bexar County Executive Order NW-10 and pursuant to Texas Government Code Section 418.108, all persons 10 years or older, including staff and guests, must wear a cloth face covering over their nose and mouth when in a public place where it is difficult to keep six feet away from other people.
General Health & Safety Measures
- Signage has been placed throughout the hotel to promote safe physical distancing in all public spaces.
- Hand-sanitizer stations have been placed throughout the hotel.
- All public areas have furniture adjusted to promote physical distancing and discourage large gathering spaces.
- All Hotel Contessa employees will wear protective face coverings. Guests are required to wear face coverings in public areas when physical distancing is not possible.
- Procedures have been implemented to minimize contact during the arrival experience.
- The front desk has eliminated cash transactions with the exception of making change for our guests. Guests may use a valid credit card or Apple Pay.
- Protective glass has been installed at the front desk reception area to provide safe physical distancing.
- Guest room keys are sanitized extensively prior to delivery to guests. OpenKey is available for guests who would like to utilize their smart phone as a room key.
- Suites are cleaned and disinfected in accordance with CDC, WHO and local regulatory guidelines prior to each guest's arrival. Additionally, all guest rooms are treated with an electrostatic disinfectant cleaning system.
- Housekeeping services will only be provided every four days. This is to minimize personal contact.
- Extra towels and sheets will be provided in sealed plastic protective bags to ensure cleanliness.
- Please set any dirty linen or trash in bags outside of your room. The bags will be collected daily between 11am and 2pm. Bags are provided in the top left-hand drawer of the dresser.
Food & Beverage
- Restaurant seating will be arranged to comply with appropriate physical distancing guidelines.
- Contact less room service will be available. A table and tray with food items will be set outside of your suite. We will pick up the table outside of guest room when finished.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner will be served in a safe and physically distanced manner.
- Atrium seating will be arranged to provide appropriate physical distancing levels for guests. Tableside service will be available. Seating at the bar will not be available at this time.
- The mini bar has been removed from guest rooms. Mini bar items including soda, bottled water and snacks are available for purchase at the front desk.