Once you obtain a Texas marriage license, it’s valid for 30 days from the purchase date and requires a 72 hour waiting period. Ensure you apply one to two weeks prior to your wedding date. It’s important that you verify all information with Bexar County before making any wedding or travel plans. For more information call 877-850-8033 or click here to email us.
Requirements to Obtain Your Texas Marriage License
- All applicants must provide proof of age and identity with avalid Texas drivers license, valid Texas DPS I.D., Military I.D.,passport, or any certificate of License issued by this state, anotherstate, the U.S. government or a foreign government.
- Each applicant is required to provide a Social Security card or proof of social security number.
- The cost is $66 cash (no checks) OR $6 in Bexar County if couples bring in the "Twogether in Texas" certificate. Prices may vary in different counties.
- The legal age to obtain a marriage license without parentalconsent in Texas is 18 years of age. Application of age is 16 withparental consent.
- No blood test is required.
- If either applicant has been recently divorced, the staterequires a 30-day waiting period from the date of the filed divorcedecree, unless waived by the court. Female applicants are required tosubmit a certified copy of final decree showing their restored maidenname if different from current identification.
- The license is good for 30 days from the date of purchase.However, there is a 72-hour waiting period from the time the license waspurchased until the time the ceremony can be performed. Active dutymilitary personnel are exempt. Both parties do not to need to be activemilitary for the waiting period to be waived.
- Applicants between the ages of 16-18 must be accompanied by oneparent, to sign legal consent. A minor must have a certified copy ofbirth certificate, photo I.D. and proof of Social Security. If parentsare divorced, the parent granted custody must submit a certified copy oftheir divorce decree in order to sign consent.
- Kerr County Clerks Office
700 Main, Rm 122
- Comal County Courthouse
100 Main Plaza, Rm 102
- Kendall County Clerks Office
201 East San Antonio Street, Rm 127
- Wilson County Clerks Office
1420 3rd Street, Rm 105
- Guadalupe County Courthouse
101 East Court Street
830-303-4188 (ext. 235)
- Bexar County Courthouse
101 W. Nueva, Ste 120
San Antonio, TX